Garden #3 - 25 February 2020
Our project for the Art-Research Garden consists of a series of experiments each week, in which we investigate and evaluate the potential of the garden at the back of 43 Lewisham Way. We will focus on the process, and explore the present condition of the site, as well as the constraints and opportunities. It is a creation of a new methodology in approaching site analysis and proposal — to propose through doing, testing, and being in the site.
1. EXPERIMENTATION IS KEY: Every action does not have to lead to a clear output.
2. PROCESS IS EMBODIED: We experiment and develop on site every week.
3. NO DRAWINGS: We perform our ideas.
4. SUSTAINABILITY IS OBVIOUS.
5. THEMED WEEKS: Site Analysis, Gardening, Building Materiality, Use and Community.
6. DOCUMENTATION AS PROCESS: Video, audio, visual, material, etc.
7. EXPERIMENTS ARE PLANNED, PERFORMED, REFLECTED.
8. WE ARE COLLECTIVE
9. TRANSMISSION OF KNOWLEDGE: Sharing experiments and knowledge with the community.
10. NO STRESS: HAVE FUN! FAILURE IS OK.
11. THIS IS A SAFE SPACE FOR EXPERIMENTATION.
12. EXPERIMENTS ARE OPEN FOR ALL: Community, professors, students, friends, enemies.